Facials are an incredible treat. They’re good for so many reasons – they’re great for both your skin and for your mind, giving you a chance to take a break from the normal rush of life to have some much-needed down time.
Aromatherapy Facials Palmerston North
If you’re thinking of booking in for a treatment, why not go for an aromatherapy facial? This is similar to a regular facial, but it uses the incredible powers of essential oils. At Alchemy & I we use pure essential oils from the award-winning Aromatherapy Associates in all of our aromatherapy facials. These relaxing oils not only work on the skin but also help to relax body and mind. Here is a quick rundown of the benefits:
Facials And Essential Oils
Aromatherapy facials use essential oils. Different oils have different benefits for the skin. For example:
- Lavender – as well as being very relaxing, lavender is great for balancing moisture in your skin. It can also reduce redness.
- Chamomile – similarly to lavender, this can increase moisture and reduce redness. However, it can be an irritant – avoid it if you have ragweed allergies!
- Clary Sage – this can control excess sebum, which is ideal if you have oily skin.
- Rosemary – a multi-tasker, rosemary can help with inflammation and keep excess sebum at bay.
- Frankincense – this can help to soothe your skin, kill bacteria, and even out your skin tone.
- Tea Tree – this is excellent if you suffer with acne as it has antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
Aromatherapy Facials And Steaming
Ideally, your facial will begin with a facial steam. This is great for several reasons. It cleans out your pores, removes impurities, and helps you to relax. It also means those essential oils (which should be added to the water) work deep into your skin. Steaming can also:
- Remove toxins
- Loosen blackheads
- Dilate blood vessels – this improves the blood circulation in your skin cells, giving you a nice healthy glow
Exfoliation & Facials
A good facial will also involve a bit of exfoliation. This helps to remove old skin cells, and any further treatments will work better. Exfoliation is a great follow-on step from the facial steam, as your skin will be more receptive to skin treatments after the heat has opened your pores.
Post-facial, a deep moisturising mask or nourishing serum is important, as the ingredients will be able to penetrate more deeply into freshly exfoliated skin.
Relaxation In Palmerston North
Breathing in essential oils is great for relaxation. There are proven benefits to this – it can have a positive impact on your emotions, heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, stress levels, and even your hormones.
You can enjoy a facial massage, which is great for several reasons. Facial massages can give you a healthy glow, help to combat signs of ageing, and most importantly, help you to feel relaxed and pampered.
A good facial is also a great opportunity to escape from the noise, stress, and pressures of home life. It’s a good excuse to leave your phone behind and just be still for a while. If you’re feeling burnt out or exhausted and your skin is in need of a boost, why not book into an aromatherapy facial today?